Friday, October 14, 2005

Cookin No. 27 Being a Cliche and a New Job














Tonight I am a cliché. Well, I should say this morning, its 1:45 and I am settling into my new routine of not sleeping. I am writing by the light of candles, drinking a glass of wine, and watching the embers of my cigarette burn. The cold is moving in quickly and effortlessly, it’s had to believe that two weeks ago, I was wearing a tee shirt and feeling the sun on my skin. Now the cold comes under the cloak of rain, and it has been a while since I have seen the sun smile.

Baking is going well; yesterday we made cinnamon buns, oatmeal and peanut butter cookies, and white bread. I gave half of the bread and cinnamon buns to my friend Chris, mainly because I don’t need a whole loaf of bread, and what am I going to do with 8 cinnamon buns? And today we made pizza, foccacia bread, and grissini. My pizza came out pretty well, it could have been cooked for a little longer, I prefer crunchy crust, but no worries. I topped it with red sauce, cheese, and lightly sautéed peppers and onions. Mmmm, that was my lunch and dinner for today. I also took home my foccacia bread, and I haven’t cut into it yet, but it is filling my apartment with a wonderful smell.

The best news came yesterday though, I got home from school early, and found a message on my phone from Maria at Wegmans, so I called her back, and she said that they would like to offer me the position of demo chef! Of course I accepted right away, and now all I have to do is wait to for my background check to go threw. Which I’m not worried about, because even though I have done some crazy things in my life, nothing got me in legal trouble; well, except for that one time… heh… just kidding. So hopefully I will be starting my new job next week, and I will be sure to include lots of recipes of what I’ll be making for my adoring fans. ;) To be honest, I have no desire to become one of those famous chefs; I really just want my own restaurant and a good reputation for creating wonderful food.

Tomorrow my friend Jared comes to visit me, so I’m thinking about what I will whip up for dinner. Although, we might just do dinner in true jersey fashion and head to a diner for some coffee and eggs.

Until next time my friends, Bon Appetite

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you a cliche?
C.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home