Friday, August 12, 2005

Cookin No. 14 - Last days and Banana Loaf

I must say, that this week has been one of the strangest weeks of my life. It was the last week at my job, a job that I have been at, or should I say “had” been at for 4 ½ years. That’s the beginning of my adult life. That is one reason why I didn’t post this week, the other is because I managed to get a nasty cold, and was laid up in bed on Wednesday burning off the fever. Ick. Now that I am well, and today is/ was my last day at work, I really don’t have much to say at the moment, but I wanted to talk about the banana loaf that I made on Monday night. J It is my mother’s recipe, and it came out just the way I love my banana loaf.

As I was running out the door, Monday morning I went to grab a banana for breakfast, and realized that the bushel had seemed to pass its peak. The only thing I can think to do with almost bad bananas is banana loaf. I think I am turning into my mother.


Banana loaf:

2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup shortening
3 Tablespoons milk
1 cup masked bananas
2 cups of sifted flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped walnuts

Mix together sugar, eggs, shortening. Sir in the milk and bananas. Sift and stir in the flour, soda, powder and salt. Then blend in the nuts. Throw into a 9x5x3 loaf pan and bake at 350o for 50 to 60 minutes.

Let cool and enjoy.

Right now I am going to run off and enjoy dinner with my friends. Chris and Mat are taking me out to a nice sea food joint. I’ll let you know what I think later.

Until then, Bon Appetite

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home